Friday, December 08, 2006

2006 Review Part 2, Comments on WoW 2.0, LoTR

Brent has put part 2 of his 2006 MMO review. He hits the nail on the head with those games. Of course, I'm sure the the gun that was at Ryzom's head has been lowered to the knee cap area.

Heartless Gamer has put up his views on the current WoW 2.0 patch. This is one of the highlights for me:

The main complaint with the PvP changes has come from the hardcore rank grinders who were pushing for rank 14 prior to the 2.0 patch. They feel cheated because all their hard work was washed away when Blizzard reset honor back to ZERO. The only thing I have to say to these idiots is; "You got what you deserved. Blizzard announced the changes in plenty of time for you to stop, but you continued to grind. Someday you will wake up and realize what a waste your life has been and maybe then you will go out and do something with it." Yes, that is exactly what I would say and I believe I've just said it.

Word brother....word. I mentioned back in November that the "uber PvP dudz" would get grandpa on us....and its happening in spades. The only reason these guys are pissed is because they now realize how much time they wasted. I'm hoping that getting their nose rubbed in their own proverbial grinding shit will teach them something. If not, let me spell it out...if you need to spend 8-10 hours a day for 1-2 months playing a game for an item or rank, then something is either wrong with you or with the game. Its usually both though.

Lord of the Rings Online interview can be found here. Some great insights in to the game. It's in Beta right now and from what I hear/read it's going well. I think they may have a winner in this one if they manage to differentiate themselves from WoW and EQ2.

D out.

1 comment:

heartlessgamer said...

I told the wife I was studying, but I'm really buzzing the net.

0/ <-- wave

La de da.