Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Rediculous...

So...I went into Battelgrounds last night with my Rogue. What a waste of time that was. Quoting from Lauren over at Mystic Worlds: Blizzard, I hate you.

Here are the numbers. I was in Arathi Basin. I figured I'd get the 30 tokens and 22000-ish honor required for the Rogue chest piece. I spent 2 hours playing...I got 700 honor for my trouble. That's 350/hr. If I do that math I would have to PvP for 62 HOURS!!! Now, the rate at which you gain honor in AB may be different than in other BGs, but really, I can't see how it would shave down that number by much. And yes, I was kicking ass and taking names...lots-o-kills. So, I've had it...I don't want to grind it out anymore. I think I'll be either playing the mystery beta or my WoW warlock until BC comes out. I'm really tired of the diminishing returns for by game time when you hit 60 in WoW...its getting old.

If anyone knows of a better way to get honor in PvP, let me know.

D out.

2 comments:

Zoso said...

Alterac Valley is better, plenty of honour from the various sub-objectives there, and usually an all-out brawl over some graveyard that should earn a bunch o' kills. Only slight problem is the hour long queue (in our battlegroup, at least)... If you're PUGing, you might like my Pickup Tourist's Guide to Arathi Basin

darrenl said...

Awesome...thanks Zoso...