Monday, December 11, 2006

So much to do...too much to do???

So I logged in with my level 47 Swashy on Guk last night and I immediately ran into a problem. There was too much to do. I think the EQ2 quest log can hold upwards to 75 quests on it...I was looking at around 50. They were scattered all over the place...Enchanted Lands, EverFrost, Ferrott etc. I must have sat there for a good 10-15 minutes trying to figure out what to do with myself. I started to feel a bit overwhelmed at how much there was to do. Its a good to have lots to do mind you, but it also has a bit a of a paralyzing effect.

I think this is one of the things that WoW does nicely. They limit the quest log to 25 (was 20 before the 2.0.1 patch). This is a nice number. You have lots to do and you at least have a vague memory of where you got the quest from and why you're doing it. No so with EQ2. If you have 75 quests, you start to forget why you're doing them. There is also a danger of out leveling the quests that you pick up. With my Swashy, as soon as I log in, I immediately feel like a 6 year old Ritalin kid.

What I really need to do is sit down and go down my quest log and knock them off one by one. Have one big huge quest clearance sale with my Swashy...or, dump him and start again and just experience EoF.

D out.

3 comments:

Flying Norseman said...

You could just not accept every quest you come across...

How is the Swashy as you get higher in levels? I am looking for a good melee class but I don't want to rely on positionals or stealth all the time.

darrenl said...

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the comment.

Of course I could refuse every quest...but where's the fun in that :)

I like the Swashy. I usually gravitate to high DPS melee class types. There are some positional attacks, i.e. from behind or to the side. There are also some attacks that you need to be stealthed as well. All-in-all, there are about 3-4 attacks that fall in those categories...the rest can be used in any position.

Cheers,
D

Anonymous said...

If I recall right, back on day one in EQ2, the quest log was limited to 20 or 25 quests, so we've been there.

Oh, and that 25 number included collection quests! Aiyeee!

But I know how you feel. When I came back after 10 months off, my pally had 85 quests in his log. I do not want to start wading through them to figure out what I should do.