Wednesday, November 08, 2006

TCSGamer is back baby!

I’m Back!

OK…so I haven’t written on this blog site since April, and I sincerely apologize to my one fan up in the arctic. I’m sure the blubber kept you warm in my absence.

Some changes I’ve been thinking about. I plan to update this site at least once a week. Granted, lots of gaming news happens in a span of a week, however; I shall endeavor to keep up with it and inform all of you here. Second, I want to concentrate purely on MMOs…this is really my passion, so that’s what I’ll hopefully bring to you: insightful gaming news and opinions about MMOs, with occasional sprinkles of single player news.

Now, the state of MMO gaming is not very good and here’s the picture. We’ve got the 800 pound gorilla that is WoW and everyone else either trying to be like them or trying not to be crushed by them. With The Burning Crusade coming out in January, the MMO giant will put on at least another 200 pounds. Now, don’t get me wrong, I play this game, I like this game…but man does it suck to be level 60, and I’m sure it will suck being level 70 as well. In order to be THE best game out there, Blizzard has got to make the end game in WoW something more than an endless grind for equipment and make PvP actually mean something. Put the "War" back in World of Warcraft...know what I mean.

Now, the gem for me right now is Eve Online. At first, I really didn’t get this game….and truthfully I still don’t because it’s an incredibly deep game. Up to about a week ago I was just going to throw in the towel…until I got my first Cruiser and things really started to pick up quite a bit for me. I was able to move on to level 2 missions and make more money…but more importantly, I started to see the point and figure out how I’m going to enjoy this game: Goals. Small, self-set goals. In “regular” MMOs, the goal is to level, or get that new sword, however; those goals are really obvious to the player because the designers made it that way. In Eve, you make your own goals and its up to you to find the best way to do it. The designers did not program the path for you. Anyway, I’m taking this game one goal at a time right now. Next goal is a BattleCruiser…from there, a Battleship. After that, we’ll see.... 0.0 space maybe?

I’ve also been trying to get into EQ2 again. I made a character on the Venekor PvP server in the hopes of joining the Pwnage Brothers . I just can't seem to get back into it again....want to know why?... because I'm already playing EQ2...its called WoW . I played EQ for roughly about 2-3 months, and in that time I leveled a swashy up to 47. The content is great...but the game play is really not that dissimilar from other MMOs of that style, and I guess I'm just can only take one MMO of that type at a time. Going to keep trying to kick start that one...I'll let you all know how it goes.


I think that's it for now. I have more to update you all on, but I'll save it for later in the week. I'll be writing about Ryzom, Oblivion, NWN2 as well as upcoming MMOs to keep an eye out for.

D out.

No comments: