Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NWN2, Oblivion and all that jazz

So, there is a little bit of a controversy over at 1UP regarding a pulling of a review of NWN2. Great article over at Joystick regarding this very issue. I really don't know what to think about this right now...and I'm not sure I really care. Jeff Green seems to indicate that NWN2 never really had a chance with this reviewer given his bias on this genre. Well...as far as I know, every reviewer has a favorite genre. You see it all the time...RPGers review sports games, FPS fans reviewing MMOs etc. Bah! Regardless...I've got the game right now and I've played it for about 3 hours. Wait till they patch this thing a couple of times and some user made content comes out.

I've mentioned Oblivion before in this blog and they're coming out with an expansion...sorta...kinda. You can read about the details here.

Ryzom. This really is a great game and for once very original in almost every way. The artwork, the game play. People who like Eve and the original Everquest should try this one out. I plan to reinstall that one on my computer soon. If you want a great review, I suggest heading over to Virgin Worlds (see the link over to the right there) and listen to podcast #30. Brent knows his stuff and gives an honest review of the game.

Warhammer Online is shaping up, at least for me, to be the WoW killer...and that’s my prediction for the year (cause I can only mentally handle one prediction per year). Its very gritty looking yet still looks like a video game, as opposed to the realistic feel of an EQ2 or Vanguard. Where I think its going to shine is its PvP implementation. As far as I know, the whole world will be build around PvP...so no instancing of PvP. Think something like Dark Age of Camelot. I'm really looking forward to this one.

I played WoW last night. Our guild raided BWL. This instance for me is starting to wear a bit thin....like all end game instances in WoW. Sure, I got some good drops...but who cares, BC is coming out in January which will make all of this raiding for purples utterly pointless. I'm sure others are feeling the same way, yet here we are...

That’s it for now.

D out.

No comments: