Monday, November 13, 2006

Clearification

In my "I'm Back" post on Nov. 8, I seemed to hint that WoW and EQ2 are equivalent to each other...let me clarify, they are not. I gave it some extra thought, and I guess one of the main reasons why I can't get into EQ2 right now is because I've put in a lot of time and effort into WoW. To really get into EQ2, I would have to stop playing WoW for a bit and if I did that, I would feel left behind (compared to my guildies) and ill prepared for BC.

Hands down, EQ2 is the better game....it really is. It has more content, better graphics, and deeper game play. These positive attributes of EQ2 will be even more true with the expansion hitting store shelves within the next couple of days.

Here's how most of my play time goes these days: I log into EQ2 for 5-10 minutes, my thoughts go to "Oh, my WoW guild is raiding BWL in 30 minutes....I'd better log on", I log into Wow and raid. When my guild is not doing something, I play Eve or I help my wife with her character.

Another hit against EQ2 for me is that I really have no one to play with. I did at the start. We had a good solid group there from level 1-45...then holidays came around and we just never got back into it. Contrast to WoW, the guild I'm in is great. We have fun shooting the shit even if we're hitting MC for the kazillionth time. I don't care so much about the loot that drops, but the company is outstanding. I be lonely in EQ2 /cry.

I guess it goes to show you, the people you play with really make a difference in the MMO you stick with.

D out

No comments: